Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Most Happy Anniversary



Just a short, belated entry today in acknowledgement and celebration of the 356 days that have passes since my fiancée stopped being my fiancée and started being my wife! (Belated, I mean, in the sense that I've been trying to post these every Sunday and now it's Tuesday. I'm not late for my anniversary, which is today! Which is Tuesday. Not Sunday)

I simultaneously cannot believe that it's only been a year and also that a year has gone by so fast. 2016 will be remembered for many terrible things – all the best celebrities dying, the bitter divisiveness of this election, a terrible Walking Dead finale – but I will always remember it fondly as our first year of married life, as well as the year we welcomed a new life into ours. Assuming, of course, that Donovan isn't born two months late.

And how wonderful to be expecting a child at this point! This is the only anniversary we'll ever spend that it's just the two of us. In a way our child like this date is a celebration of our union, a new and unique human being made of equal parts her and me, who wouldn't even exist on earth or anywhere but for our love.

So, happy anniversary, Kaite! The only thing I'm more excited about than celebrating out past year is thinking about the many, many years yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment